How can I or my organization receive funding from USAID/Senegal?
USAID almost always awards grants and contracts on a competitive basis (please see www.fedbizopps.gov or www.grants.gov for more information) but will consider unsolicited proposals from organizations that are consistent with its ongoing program when funding is available. To be considered, unsolicited proposals or requests must meet the following criteria:
- Contribute to the achievement of the Strategic Plan objectives:
- Target quantifiable and sustainable results;
- Include a counterpart contribution of at least 25 percent; and
- Be unique, innovative, sustainable, and results oriented.
USAID strongly encourages the submission of a concept paper for initial consideration as opposed to a more lengthy detailed application. An unsolicited concept paper (generally not to exceed five pages) should contain the following:
(a) Cover Page/Introduction:
1. Name and address of organization;
2. Type of organization (e.g., non-profit, university, etc.);
3. Contact point (phone and e-mail);
4. Names of other organizations (federal and non-federal as well as any other USAID offices) to whom you are/have submitted the application and/or are funding the proposed activity; and
5. Signature of authorized representative of the applicant, authorized to contractually obligate the applicant.
(b) Technical Information:
1. Concise title and objective of proposed activity;
2. Discussion of the objectives, the method of approach, the amount of effort to be employed, the anticipated results, and how the work will help accomplish USAID's mission as elaborated in USAID's Strategies for Sustainable Development; and
3. Type of support the applicant requests from USAID (e.g., funds, facilities, equipment, materials, or personnel resources).
(c) Supporting Information:
1. Proposed estimated cost;
2. Brief cost breakdown (e.g., salaries, travel, etc.);;
3. Proposed duration of activity.;
4. Any proposed "cost-sharing or matching" (see 22 CFR 226.23 and ADS 303.5.10); and;
5. Brief description of applicant's previous work and experience, both functionally and geographically.
For further information on USAID's policies regarding unsolicited proposals, please see the following guidance.
Concept papers should be sent to the following address:
Attn: Program Office
Ngor Diarama, Petit Ngor